1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows movie maker - need to convert quicktime .mov file

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ladybug, Jan 11, 2005.

1. ladybug

ladybug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive recently started using my windows movie maker and i wanted to import a video file that i shot using my digital camera.

When i play my video files on my computer usually, they are played in quicktime and are .mov files. I have not been able to play them in windows media player, although ive never really needed to.

However i now need to play these files in windows media player to enable me to use windows movie maker. is there any way of converting the file (for free!) ??

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Any file conversion is going to result in a loss of quality. Therefore I would suggest that you recapture the video from the camcorder as an AVI file. This is a 100% quality file of the origional tape. This is the standard format for just about all video editing but will take a lot of disc space.

Mark.

3. ladybug

ladybug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i shot the video clips with my digital camera, not camcorder. i then just transfer them the same you would a photo. they automatically play in quicktime player.

therefore i dont really know how to (if i can!) do it as an avi file.

am i able to do this on just a digital camera with memory card?

4. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4