• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Windows Mobile 6.5 now officially available for Touch Pro2

Spiderkid

Cheers for the link Nicolas, when you say unbranded phones, does this mean that if you have bought the phone from a network such as Vodaphone you can't upgrade to WM 6.5?

RichardK

Cheers for the link Nicolas, when you say unbranded phones, does this mean that if you have bought the phone from a network such as Vodaphone you can't upgrade to WM 6.5?

At the moment it does if your phone is branded. Once Vodafone have created a WM6.5 version for their branded phones it will be available here.

Your phone may not be branded though. I moved to a contract with Orange when I bought mine, but the one I was sent is unbranded so I can use the update on the HTC site.

Allblackdup

NicolasB

Distinguished Member
I'm only getting an error message from that link?

What difference will this mean over what was originally on the phone? Will this override the older version and will everything still be on the phone?
I think HTC changed the URL. :) I've edited the link in the above post - try it now!

The main difference is that it upgrades the operating system from Windows Mobile 6.1 to Windows Mobile 6.5, which is a bit more "finger-friendly".

And no, it will completely erase everything in the phone's ROM, so all customisations, installed apps, etc. will have to be redone from scratch. It won't damage any data on the memory card (but apps installed to the memory card will probably need to be reinstalled).

wolfman7421

Standard Member
Any news on an update for the Touch 3G??

Just got one, and just out of the one week approval period, so I can start bunging stuff on it, if there's an update, I'm better off doing it now before I have to re-install everything..

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom