Windows Mobile 6.0

Digger

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anyone now when WM6.0 pda/phones will be released by the likes of Orange/O2 etc? I like the idea of having built in SIP support so I can use one phone as a do-it-all solution. Ideally someone will bring out an XDA Orbit style phone with a keyboard and GPS too.

I'd like to know too, I have a Nokia N80 right now and was contemplating upgrading to the N95. However, despite the amazing hardware that the N95 offers, I'm not overly keen on the Symbian OS. I find Windows Mobile devices have a lot more to offer in terms of software.

I'm tempted by the N95 but I'm still holding out for a Windows Mobile 6 device. Be nice to know how long I'll be waiting though.

there is such a device and it is on my wish list!

htc athena, (other names as per branding with networks available too)

it has :removable keyboard, the Ameo has an Intel XScale 624MHz processor (our HTC TyTN/Cingular 8525 only has a 400MHz processor), 8GB hard disk, 128MB RAM, 256MB ROM, miniSD slot, quad-band GSM, UMTS/HSDPA, 802.11b/g, Bluetooth 2.0, GPS, 3-megapixel camera, 5" vga screen, win mobile 6, and graphics chip

do a google on it

Looks interesting. Maybe a tad bulky, and possibly pricey even on contract. Will it even reach these shores? If only the XDA mini s had gps :rolleyes:

its allready here!

one was for sale on these very forums under the tmobile brand: tmobile ameo

couldn't find that one even with a search. Even Ebay seems to be about £500 maybe less. Still too much for me though. Have sent email to O2 asking when WM6 devices coming out as I may just plump for the Orbit at some point (soon).

there are other ways to get wm6,
im running wm6 on mine, plus overclocked to 624mhz, its a dream

no it hasnt, its just the actual sim free version of the xda exec/mda pro/orange spv m5000.

i use the tomtom bt gps.

i really want the htc athena thou, with an even bigger and better screen than mine plus 8bg hdd, 3meg cam, built in gps, also have you read about the little tilt function? tilt the unit to scroll down etc (if you want to that is)
plus the graphics chip etc. ohhh i want lol.

anyways wm6 is good, especially the browser

if its like the tmobile ameo, its just that little tooooo big, the exec was big enough, I expect this will be slightly larger right ? great specs, though I will wait till they launch something technically the same but that has been on a massive diet:)

I'm interested in something like this but the Ameo from T-Mobile, (which is the HTC Athena I think) is 350g. Which is just far too much. I was hoping for a phone replacement PDA device, but not something that I won't even be able to fit in my pocket.

Is this:
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_advantage_x7500-1887.php
the same as the athena?

at a glance, looks like it

yeah thats the beast ;)

its not much bigger than the exec and slimmer making it easy to pocket, plus the extra size hasnt gone to waste, its gone on the good stuff.. the screen.
plus the keyboard is fully removable its held by magnets so you can leave it behind to make the bulk a little less.

well my overclocked windows 6 powered pda will do for now, im running a high speed 4gb card which is great for now, iv got 6 full very high quality movies on there, music sat nav etc.

im used to the size of my phone now but suppose a smaller version of mine or the athena would be better, but wouldnt wana loose features, and you do get used to the screen size and vga

I really want a T-Mobile Ameo for business use, shame it's not WM6. Really needs to be.

Anyone heard if a WM6 upgrade will be made available?

I have this phone now, the HTC Advantage. Is it easy to upgrade to ver 6.0? What are the differences between the two versions?

Thanks
Greg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom