• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Windows Media wont play my clips!

bitofatit

Apologies if i'm on the wrong forum but....For the past couple of weeks I've had a problem that I've not encountered before! Windows media player won't play my video clips i.e the ones downloaded from my Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W12. This applies to any new clips and clips that have played perfectly fine in the past.
I get this message "Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error. This can occur when another program or operating system component encounters a problem but does not communicate the nature of the problem to the Player." When I click on the additonal info box I then get "C00D11CD: Unknown error
Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error. This can occur when another program or operating system component encounters a problem but does not communicate the nature of the problem to Windows Media Player.

Error ID = 0xC00D11CD, Condition ID = 0x00000000"

Can anyone throw any light on this?
Regards B of A T

bitofatit

Sorted this one - turns out it was the software loaded from a new mobile phone (Samsung D900). This is a commonn fault known about by Samsung since the Summer and yet thye keep churning out their "Samsung PC Studio" software with each mobile phone they sell. It appears once this is loaded it causes allsorts of problems. Discovered this after hours of trying to sort out, as it also took other Samsung users. The solution, which worked for me, was to uninstall the software, but this doesn't seem to cure things completely for all those who have fallen foul of this. - Thx Samsung - great marketing idea and a great way to treat your customers!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom