Windows Media Player - Screen Grab

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Can someone remind me how to screen grab from WMP. I say remind because I've done it in the past but can't seem to get it to work now. Printscreen results in the usual black area. :suicide:

I've tried ctri-I and also unticking 'Use Overlays' in options but still no luck.

Perhaps someone can recommend some freebie grab s/w?

I'm running WMP11 under XP.

TIA. :)

Disable hardware acceleration. Then use the Print Screen button.

Or just use something like MPC.

FRAPS will screenshot WMP.

Do you mean grab the whole thing - see attachment?
If yes CTRL + print sreen - then paste into Paint ; word etc.
:)

Attachments

• grab.jpg
    grab.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 827
Last edited:
Just to clarify, DVD grabs.

And as I said in my first post, printscreen nor any combination of ctrl / alt / or standing on your head does not work. It's a common problem if you do a google. :)

And as I said in my first post, printscreen nor any combination of ctrl / alt / or standing on your head does not work. It's a common problem if you do a google. :)

Oh OK! Have you tried searching Google yourself? (;) ) Lets know how you get on - I'd like to grab images from WMP too. I know how to save You tube videos to disk and play on WMP if that helps? What about some video editing software - I have an old version of Magix which is very good - make me an offer - original with Box. :thumbsup:

BoaT

FRAPS will grab screenshots of WMP and its content.

Disable hardware acceleration and it will work.

As said in other posts the hardware acceleration, same in a lot of programs... I use VLC, has its own screenshot function built in, pick a dir where to save and what to save as :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the replies. I have googled around and there are so many options for this that I just wanted to get a recommendation.

Before I give up on WMP and try FRAPS, I'd like to fathom how to turn off hardware acceleration in WMP. Tools / Options / Performance - the video acceleration bar is on full sure enough, but it's greyed out so I can't adjust it!

Sometimes the simplest things... :D

Right click on desktop > properties > display tab > advanced > troubleshoot tab (I think?) > find the slider and move it down to no acceleration.

Also might be in dxdiag

Right click on desktop > properties > display tab > advanced > troubleshoot tab (I think?) > find the slider and move it down to no acceleration.

Also might be in dxdiag

Thanks, found it! Though I finally managed to grab the screenshots I needed from a separate laptop where printscreen worked no probs with WMP.

Thanks again for the help everyone. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom