1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows MEdia Player - Processing media info not working ?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by snow-munki, Aug 21, 2005.

1. snow-munki

snow-munki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi,

just going through all my albums fixing the names and addming album arts, using Album art fixer, which is working well.

However it says to use WMP and go to tools and process media info to update the media centre.

however it doesn't seem to work, just stays there on 0.

any ideas ??

2. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    Where do you get using Album art fixer from, I find it a hassle to update album art and media information, what I do to update info is got to "Library" in media player then right click on the file I want to update and select "get album info", then you can just search for the right song with album art, once you find it click on it and it will update the song with that info and apply the album are to it, after that you can manually change the song information by right clicking on it and selecting "advance tag editor", any changes you make will not affect the album art applied to it, I found that way usefull cause sometimes you can only get album art from the australian/japanese version so I use that art then just edit the song info with the advanced tag editor, but I still have not gotten the folder art to change, how do you do that other than placing a picture in the folder with the file in and using that as the album art, that's the only way media center will change the album art, you have to make sure the folder art is wokring...

*Update*

Got it working once the album art appears in windows media player, delete the song from media center, then copy the song back to your computer and the add it to media center again and the album art should work...