1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media Player problem

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by HMHB, Jul 14, 2004.

1. HMHB

Distinguished Member

Nov 11, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I'm using Windows XP Professional and have been having problems with WMP9. If I click on a mpg file from My Computer, the 1st few times it works, but then every other time it doesn't work. I've found out that wmplayer.exe is still loaded when I go into task manager and if I then stop that process it will work OK for another couple of clips and then get stuck again. This should not be happening !
    I've reloaded WMP9 and tried it again - still it happens, after a few mpg clips it won't cancel from memory. So today I downloaded Windows Media Player 10 Beta version, and guess what... it still goes wrong :(
    I'm positive there's no virus or spyware as I run 3 different checkers on a regular basis, so I'm baffled. I'm begining to wonder if this problem coincides with me loading on the latest version of Office 2003, but I have this version of Office on another computer and media player works fine on there.
    Any ideas ?