Windows Media Player help please if possible...

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Celtic Blood, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Celtic Blood

Celtic Blood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently had to restore a lot of settings on my laptop and reinstall my internet connection due to a minor virus or something.. anyway, since I did it my Windows media player won't allow me to add any more songs to it, currently there's just under 500 songs on it.. when I go into the folder where the mp3s are to right click the file and add.. my right click menu still says add to media player, but when I try to add it it only plays in Windows media and doesn't give me the plane on the right to add to my play list.

Does anyone know how I can fix it, it's buggin me..

Cheers if anyone can help.

2. Celtic Blood

Celtic Blood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I managed to solve the error incase anyone else gets/or is getting the same problem soon or currently.. as it started on my Media player after a recent round of Windows updates a few weeks ago.

Anyway, if yours isn't letting you add MP3s the easy right click and add to "Windows Media List" way anymore.. you've got to add the Mp3s to your Library first manually now.. then go into your Media Player and select it's library then Recently added tracks, that's where it'll be found and will be allowed to be added to your Playlist and rated easily.

Bit of a pain in the ass but problem solved I suppose, this isn't the first time I've had certain bugs in my programmes after a Windows update.. and sadly probably won't be the last either, A few in their updates programming team are obviously a bit incompetant it seems.

End of rant !!!! :lesson:

*Takes deep breaths*

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Not for no reason do some people give WMP a wide berth. ;)

4. Celtic Blood

Celtic Blood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same thing happen on your WMP I take it yeah ?