windows media connect

LinkinRuss

Standard Member
Hey guys,

Has anyone ever had problems with WMC. it seems that the 360 wont connect to the computer even though when i run the tests, everything says 'connected' I've opened up the relevent ports which WMC uses, and also told Windows firewall to allow these ports to be open.
I;ve run out of ideas, but is it just that these two products/programs where not fully tested against each other.

Russ

The Jayler

Novice Member
I have no problems with it. I did have yo allow the program access through my firewall and disabled windows firewall but it connects every time. Have you set it up to start when windows doea? And have you set up the files to share?

nero0410

Distinguished Member
The only problem I have with it is forgetting to turn the damn thing on before trying to connect to my pc from the 360:rolleyes:

tris

DarkEntity

LinkinRuss said:
Hey guys,

Has anyone ever had problems with WMC. it seems that the 360 wont connect to the computer even though when i run the tests, everything says 'connected' I've opened up the relevent ports which WMC uses, and also told Windows firewall to allow these ports to be open.
I;ve run out of ideas, but is it just that these two products/programs where not fully tested against each other.

Russ
Im assuming on your Win XP PC you have actually shared something to view from the 360

The Jayler

Novice Member
Yep. had many a photo slide show. Like to listen to my own music whilst playing games. You are aware you can not stream video. You'll need media center for that.

Mattk84

Banned
mine was fine on my old 360 but then i changed it !
now my pc sees the 360 but the 360 doesnt see the pc !

RidleyDeckard

Mattk84 said:
mine was fine on my old 360 but then i changed it !
now my pc sees the 360 but the 360 doesnt see the pc !
The PC notes the serial number of your 360, so having changed it means you will need to re-run the set up.