1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows media centre info?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by the klang, Jan 7, 2005.

1. the klang

the klang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    if a windows media centre plays hd-dvds at the correct resolution (720p,1080i) on my xga 50" plasma then what resolution will it play standard dvds at?can the wmc play them at 480p,480i or will it upscale them to 720p or 1080i to better fit my screen? also if anyone can point me in the right direction as to the regional licencing needed to play hd-dvds like terminator 2 from artisan?if any one can help i would be greatfull. ps i have not been at this long so be gentle im not up to speed yet like some of you guys..

2. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    I too have had problems viewing 'The Coral Sea's'. is there any way to by pass the regional licencing, its driving me crazy?

Cheers

3. lovemovies

lovemovies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    There are loads of web sites out there that give you lists of public proxy servers. Just type proxy list in a search engine. You should get a few site links to chose from. Choose a site, and the choose a proxy that is located in America, and is not stealthed or annonymous. Go to your internet options and manually type in the i.p and port number that you chose. Then insert the DVD. This should work, but it will only last 10 day's I think. Then you will have to reaquire the licence again if you want to watch it again.

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    I will give it a try Lovemovies, thank you for your time and advice.