1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media Center v3 goes beta

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by StooMonster, Jan 28, 2004.

1. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
  2. originalbadboy

originalbadboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    MCE 2004 works fine for me anyway ..... I dont understand why people 'diss' it so much (not saying you are of course) .. so I dont see why we need the third version anyway.

Maybe this version will be available to buy , so I dont have to rip it from the internet. (Not that I did that with MCE 2004) ;)

3. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Why did we need Windows 95/98/ME or Windows NT3.5/NT4/2000/XP after Windows 3.1?

Because newer is always better! Although saying that, I'd swear that all of the Office apps are the same now in version 11 (Office 2003) as they were in version 5 -- but just with more crap.

To make Microsoft even richer, that's the reason.

Doubt it, like WinXP Tablet Edition works with regular graphics tables and not expensive "tablet PCs" but will they ever sell that version? Nope!

Although they may change strategy to get their "digital hub" idea more embedded, however, "media PCs" are now under £1000 so probably not.

StooMonster

4. originalbadboy

originalbadboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Newer isnt always better ... Windows ME anyone ??????

It shouldnt be too difficult for M$ to sell the software separatly.

They could sell it with a hauppage capture card, with a remote, and all the software required, and some decent instructions.

If they did that I would consider buying it. (actually I wouldnt , cos I already have a PVR250, with MCE2004 installed), but you know what I mean.

MCE 2004 isnt that difficult to get working on a separate install, so there is not really anything stopping M$ from doing it.