windows mc and my 360

ive been shoping around for a new lappie - im looking in to the windows media possibilities and my 360 , can i stram films from my lappie (in avi format) straight to the 360 (via the wireless link) ? are pictures the same ? is it easy to set up ? can i stream hd movies to the 360 to play on my tv (hd ready tv jvcsd3206) ? cheers in advance guys

blicky_1

eddy no1 said:
ive been shoping around for a new lappie - im looking in to the windows media possibilities and my 360 , can i stram films from my lappie (in avi format) straight to the 360 (via the wireless link) ? are pictures the same ? is it easy to set up ? can i stream hd movies to the 360 to play on my tv (hd ready tv jvcsd3206) ? cheers in advance guys

Lots of questions there mate that would come up with a search but I will try and help you out.

AVI = You will need somthing like Transcode360 (free) to convert files 'on the fly' to play on MC

Wireless = Yes it will stream but can get choppy so wired is prefered, pictures will be the same if not better on the 360

Set Up = Should be easy but depends on how much research you do, these forums have been great for me setting up a MCE PC recently.

HDTV = Yes you can stream HD movies to the 360 as long as you are using the correct cables from the 360 :) but again wired is better than wireless.

cheers mate , when you say choppy do the break down ? and cables needed what are they ?

again thanks mate

blicky_1

eddy no1 said:
cheers mate , when you say choppy do the break down ? and cables needed what are they ?

again thanks mate

Yea the picture/audio can break up especially on HD movies/clips.

Do you have a 360 premium?? ok if you do if not you will need either the component or VGA cable to get hd on your screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom