windows mc and my 360

ive been shoping around for a new lappie - im looking in to the windows media possibilities and my 360 , can i stram films from my lappie (in avi format) straight to the 360 (via the wireless link) ? are pictures the same ? is it easy to set up ? can i stream hd movies to the 360 to play on my tv (hd ready tv jvcsd3206) ? cheers in advance guys

blicky_1

eddy no1 said:
ive been shoping around for a new lappie - im looking in to the windows media possibilities and my 360 , can i stram films from my lappie (in avi format) straight to the 360 (via the wireless link) ? are pictures the same ? is it easy to set up ? can i stream hd movies to the 360 to play on my tv (hd ready tv jvcsd3206) ? cheers in advance guys
Lots of questions there mate that would come up with a search but I will try and help you out.

AVI = You will need somthing like Transcode360 (free) to convert files 'on the fly' to play on MC

Wireless = Yes it will stream but can get choppy so wired is prefered, pictures will be the same if not better on the 360

Set Up = Should be easy but depends on how much research you do, these forums have been great for me setting up a MCE PC recently.

HDTV = Yes you can stream HD movies to the 360 as long as you are using the correct cables from the 360 :) but again wired is better than wireless.

cheers mate , when you say choppy do the break down ? and cables needed what are they ?

again thanks mate

blicky_1

eddy no1 said:
cheers mate , when you say choppy do the break down ? and cables needed what are they ?

again thanks mate
Yea the picture/audio can break up especially on HD movies/clips.

Do you have a 360 premium?? ok if you do if not you will need either the component or VGA cable to get hd on your screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom