Quantcast

Windows M.E problem?

P

PhilipVass

When i log onto my PC, the windows loads fine until the programs begin to load on the mouse begins to move slower and it does that for around 2 minutes then goes back to normal and i can load AOL, etc. is it a hard drive problem, any ideas? :confused:

kelvin

Novice Member
Do you have a broadband connection and/or any software that does an "auto-update" when you log on?

My machine used to do this and I traced it back to Norton Anti-Virus - I disabled auto Live Update and it did the trick :)

The other possibility is a virus, or spyware - if you can rule the above out then I would suggest running your Anti Virus utility, and also downloading and running either Spybot or Adaware if you don't already have one :)

Hope this is of some help...

K.

P

PhilipVass

I have AOL Broadband, i have Adaware on my PC and i always use it, i think it's a virus of some sort, but when i deleated some files it made the PC worse so i am not sure.

kelvin

Novice Member
What anti-virus software are you running? Have you done an update, and a full system scan recently?

Which files did you delete that made the problem worse?

(Sorry for all the questions!)

K.

P

PhilipVass

I Deleated a 'Odbe.hta' file which kept loading and slowing my PC down, a little window would come up when i logged on.

I am running AVG, and nope, i have not done any scans.