Windows live messenger

Hopalong

Hello hope somebody can give me some advice here.
I am having problems with WLM.When im playing games even though i am signed in after a few minuets (i use auto sign in for both XBL & WLM)
a message comes up and says its disconnected me from WLM.The XBL connection is ok that never drops but messenger intermitiantly keeps getting disconnected.
I dont think it has anything to do with my messsenger settings as it never does it on my laptop.
Anybody got any ideas?

Morphies

Does it say you have been disconnected as you have signed in on another machine?

If your lappy / PC is on they could both be trying to sign in.

Hopalong

Does it say you have been disconnected as you have signed in on another machine?

If your lappy / PC is on they could both be trying to sign in.

No both the desktop and the laptop are switched off.I can be connected and chatting to a mate then all of a sudden it will just come up ''disconnected from messenger''
Im having another problem aswell for some reason when i change my nickname on messenger on my laptop it doesn't change it when i use messenger on the xbox.I have been through the xbox settings and i carnt find one that says ''change nickname for messenger'' on the xbox.Is there a way to do it?

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
no way to do that,unfortunately,on the 360.
and the "signed out of messenger" happens occasionally,same happens with xbox live sometimes.
i always thought it was due to a period of inactivity,and/or microsoft messing up,but now i think its just due to bad coding/flaky microsoft servers.

are you wireless by any chance?,as mine never does/did it when wired,but with the wireless adaptor, its more frequent,usually late at night/early morning.

Hopalong

no way to do that,unfortunately,on the 360.
and the "signed out of messenger" happens occasionally,same happens with xbox live sometimes.
i always thought it was due to a period of inactivity,and/or microsoft messing up,but now i think its just due to bad coding/flaky microsoft servers.

are you wireless by any chance?,as mine never does/did it when wired,but with the wireless adaptor, its more frequent,usually late at night/early morning.

yeah i am wireless,I thought it was down to inactivity untill it did it mid conversation.
The nickname thing really bugs me though as its stuck on a really long nickname from when me and my mates used to use song lyrics for nicknames:rolleyes:

SpaceGhost

Unless your windows live ID has been compromised, and someone is signing in with your details! :eek:

Doubtful though. I'm hoping with the new dashboard we'll be able to be signed in on the 360 and PC at the same time. Although I won't put money on it. The new beta of Windows Live Messenger lets you sign it at more than 1 place at a time you see... Messenger beta - Windows Live

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom