windows live mail error

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by 6Antique9, Jan 18, 2017.

1. 6Antique9

6Antique9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I posted this some time ago expecting to be able to put up with it because it seemed to complicated to try and resolve. I have changed my mind, this is really getting on my nerves. Just recently each time I open my Windows Live mail after a few seconds I get this error message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the ............ account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
    Protocol: POP3
    Port: 110
    Secure(SSL): No

Does anyone know of a email program I could use instead of WLM that is not too complicated to install.

2. sparky10

sparky10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Hi, I gave up on Windows Live Mail about a year ago, it started misbehaving itself and became sluggish. I now use Thunderbird and it is similar in appearance to Live Mail but so much better.
    Thunderbird — Software made to make email easier. Give it try and run Thunderbird along with Live Mail until you are happy with it, I am sure that you will like it.

3. 6Antique9

6Antique9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks sparky 10. Do I need to enter any details or settings or will it automatically find whatever it needs. You know things like POP 3 or whatever it is. If its as good as you say and it gets rid of that irritating error message I will be happy. I will investigate, thanks again.

Regards

4. sparky10

sparky10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I have 5 different email accounts and all bar one set up automatically, hotmail and outlook.com require no manual setting up, the only account that I had to do manually was a virgin media mail account. Again run it alongside of live mail until you are happy with it.