Windows home server media centre help

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by neil123456, Jan 8, 2012.

1. neil123456

neil123456
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I need a bit of advice.

I'm in the process of installing a server in my loft where I want to have satellite and terrestrial tv feeds.

If I use home server, can I configure a network where I could have different computers with different dvbs and dvbt cards combined?

What I mean is if I have 4 computers in my house, each with 1 dvbs card in them, will home server let me go into media centre to setup tv signals, will it detect all 4 dvbs cards on each computer? Instead of 1 card per pc? (if that makes sense)

What I'm trying to do is put a pc in my loft with quite a few tv feeds into it. I then want to be able to setup media centre on my desktop pc downstairs with no tv feeds in it, but it detect the dvbs cards in my loft pc?

I know dvb logic can do this, but am currently running win7 home premium which is quite limited on file sharing etc. I'd like to use home server or something similar to do this!

Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. tony_park

tony_park

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Hi Neil,

media center out of the box won't let you do what you are asking, but using dvblogic's connect server, will allow you.

Tony