Windows gone tits - WINSPOOL.DRV problems

Stejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Sick of Vista I decided to install Windows 7 Ultimate Evaluation copy, build 7100. With the proper Windows 7 due at the end of the month, I didn't bother to back everything up properly now, perhaps foolishly opted for an over-the-top install instead. It all seemed to be perfectly fine, and my PC was working a fair bit faster again until I suddenly started to get errors related to WINSPOOL.DRV.

Several programs will not run now. On start-up I get "bad image" error messages for RtHDVCpl.exe, IAAnoftif.exe, and TeaTimer.exe, and other things such as Firefox, Last.fm, and Publisher all throw up bad image errors too. They all say "C:\Windows\system32\WINSPOOL.DRV is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

I have done a full scan with Avast and nothing came up. Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D won't run due to the above problem, and the problem is still there if I boot in safe mode. Help!

Try re-install all the apps that give you problems. That's the first step by the sound of things.

Try re-install all the apps that give you problems. That's the first step by the sound of things.
Yeah, I'd already tried that to no avail. I've re-reinstalled Windows 7 and it seems ok again (for now). I've had problems before, but enough is enough. I'm just waiting to see if Apple make any announcements this month and before picking up a Mac Mini.

Doing an upgrade installation with an RC was always going to be risky, I don't even remember there being an upgrade option on the RC.
The option is there, but I knew I'd be taking a chance. I'll do a proper clean install on the 22nd.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom