Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Windows file protection warning

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by vulkan75, Dec 13, 2003.

1. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok...for some time now i've been battling a problem and have admitted defeat.:mad:

I have been getting the following windows file protection warning:-

"FILES THAT ARE REQUIRED FOR WINDOWS TO RUN PROPERLY HAVE BEEN REPLACED BY UNRECOGNIZED VERSIONS.TO MAINTAIN SYSTEM STABILITY,WINDOWS MUST RESTORE THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS OF THESE FILES.

INSERT YOUR WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL CD-ROM NOW."

I do as requested and everything is fine for about 2 mins then the same warning pops back up.
    This happens time and time again until the pc crashes and i have to reinstall windows.
    When I re-install windows the the self same thing happens within minutes of the fresh version staring up even though I have not installed any drivers,hardware or any other software.

I have all the windows updates which doesn't help the problem at all.

Also I have 2 harddrives installed and tried an install on each of them with no difference.....the problem remains.:(

I have formated both the drives and installed everything as per text book and no joy.

So any experts out there got any IDEAS....;PLEASE:confused: :confused:

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,493
    Have you run a virus scan ?
    Have you got SP1 installed ?
    Does this error occur before you install any other applications on your hard disk ?
    If you run sfc /scannow (make sure the xp cd is in the drive) this should scan all the system files and put the correct ones back.

3. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes.
    yes.
    yes.

Just run sfc /scannow....fingers crossed:zonked:

thanx for the relpy john.

4. vulkan75