Windows faults in first PC Build

chaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have tried to ask my question on the software forum but all it has on there is on windows 8 so I thought I would try on here. So here is my problem I have just installed Windows 7 everything went fine until it tried to download some items and I got this message " Failed updates " .Code 9C47, Cod800B0100,Code 8024200D ,Code 80070103, 80200E. Now I have not got a clue what all this is or what to do with But I have taken some photos from the screen to see if anybody can help me solve this problem. When I keep on trying one of the updates loads 50% and the description is as Follows "Windows 7 Service pack 1 for 64 based system KB97" I do hope I have done nothing wrong here and I hope the photos Help What I cant understand why all these failures in the list also when I get a pop up on the windows 7 asking me to update my Graphic Card drivers and then shows me this Followed by one for USB I am now at a completely Lost I thought I done so well in the build this is a complete nightmare I will try and do Photos in sequence Sorry about all the photos But at the Moment I am worried sick that I have ballsed it up big time Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2737 (2) (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2737 (2) (640x480).jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2738 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2738 (640x480).jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2739 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2739 (640x480).jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2740 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2740 (640x480).jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2742 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2742 (640x480).jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2741 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2741 (640x480).jpg
    181 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2743 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2743 (640x480).jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2744 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2744 (640x480).jpg
    150 KB · Views: 48
Can Somebody help please I am worried sick about this Thanks

Hi, not to worry, these things can occur when installing an operating system. Your can obtain the usb drivers and Marvel drivers from your motherboard software disk. I noticed from your second post that the time is behind the first post. I would load your motherboard disk and obtain the two drivers as said above.
Just load the cd disk and take a slow and careful look at the items on it and then select the ones you need to install, do this in your own time slowly and install one item at a time to eliminate the errors. I just think that whilst you have taken care in your first build, you have forgotten to install the motherboard drivers, this will give you the other problems that you have described. As an afterthought the drivers that you will be searching for will be found on the disk and the folder will be called 'Chipset'.

Last edited:
Hi seemed to have solved one problem but why does not want to install the windows 7 service pack I looked at the trouble shooter and as you will see from the photos what it said my gigabyte disc shows that I already installed the chip set drivers. These are the Photos below taken today. PS thank you for helping me out

Attachments

• IMG_2750 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2750 (640x480).jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2748 (640x480) (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2748 (640x480) (640x480).jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2749 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2749 (640x480).jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2752 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2752 (640x480).jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2753 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2753 (640x480).jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 48
Hi Sparky done what you have said but do i just down load the one at the top of the list or all

Attachments

• IMG_2754 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2754 (640x480).jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 41
Will let you know if there is anything extra I need help with I am very grateful for all the help I am getting on this forum for a silly old man who should of known better than take this on> I must admit though the build was fairly east it is this updates and doing the software that scares the Living daylights out of me

64 bit

hi chaz, okay before we go any further could I ask when you tried to download the service pack and it stuck at 50%, how long did you wait before you gave up on it

I started it yesterday tried again today about a half dozen times itried it on its own then also with the other five updates but as you know from the above photos this seems not to want to load if you look at the other photos you can see the list on how many times I have tried to down load this Have just now tried again still get the red sign even tried restart then doing it but still the same

Last edited:
Hi chaz, you were right to just try do download the service pack on its own, sometimes this download will apppear to stop but if you wait 5-10 minutes it may well resume. I am just going over a few things to try before this other method of installation. I would download any other downloads before the service pack, one at a time if you like and then try the service pack download and just leave it for 15 minutes and see if it will complete. chaz if this does not work then select 'computer' from the start menu and click on it, this will show you the c:\ drive, right click on it with your mouse and you will see a small menu and at the bottom the item 'properties' click on this and you will see a tab marked 'tools', select that and you will see the wording' check disk for errors', click okay and restart your computer, the computer will then do a self diagnostic check of your hard drive. I am thinking that there might be some small file corruption there and this could resolve it.

Last edited:
OK thanks Sparky will try what you have said

Well I done what you said as far as i could tell there the disk check found no errors

Still getting The same message

Attachments

• IMG_2756 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2756 (640x480).jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 45
Hi Sparky GREAT NEWS THE SERVICE PACK INSTALLED!!!after using the above tool Many Thanks For staying with me on this So why did it not install before I mean it was a brand new SSD drive or is it the luck of the draw There a couple of other things I wish to ask if you do not mind but I will do that tomorrow if that's OK with you A big THANK YOU once again

Glad it worked for you, I am guessing that during installation of Windows some of the files became corrupted or missing, this preventing the downloads. Yes tomorrow afternoon I am around and will help if I can, if not I am sure another member with more knowledge than I will be able to help, but will see, anyway glad it fixed it for you.:clap:

Well now have got all my updates OK I reloaded my "GIGABYTE Disc and I am not to sure if I should load these all on my computer I think I need more advice here please Sorry about the photos but I find this is the best way to show it I am exceptionally gratefully for all the help i have had from you experts on here so far

Attachments

• IMG_2758 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2758 (640x480).jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2759 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2759 (640x480).jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2760 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2760 (640x480).jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2761 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2761 (640x480).jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2762 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2762 (640x480).jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 40
Hi chaz, well the easiest to to deal with is Internet explorer, yes go for the download there, always best to have the latest browser version for security reasons alone. In the future you may wish to try a different browser, but for now okay go for the download. I can`t make out the details shown concerning the motherboard items. A lot of them could just be some 'nice to haves', but some will be essential. This is what I would do and I will write it step by step for you. There will no doubt be some drivers there for the hardware and they can be picked out quite easily in the following manner.
1. Go to 'control panel' and open it.
2. Select 'system' and click on it.
3. Select 'device manager' and click on it.

You will see a long list of details there from hard drives to storage controllers etc. You will probably see some items with exclamation marks against them, these are the hardware items that need your attention. I will give you one example here, but it follows for all of these.

Example: The USB has an exclamation mark (!) against it, this is in yellow. Touch this item with the mouse and 'right click' it, you will get a ,list and it will have the wording 'update driver software', click on this and you will then have two options. The first will say search automatically for updated driver software' and the second option will be to 'browse my computer for driver software'. For items like USB for example just place your cd into you cd drive and let it load, once it has loaded correctly (wait a minute) click the 'browse my computer for driver software'. The driver should then be picked up by your computer and installed, you will get the message saying 'driver successfully updated'. Try and see how it goes, some of the drivers will be on the motherboard disk and some you will need to update by the first option that I gave you. Take your time doing this and see how many you can solve here.

Yet once again Sparky Thank you I will let you know if I run into any more problems ( Hopefully Not ) Fingers Crossed:thumbsup::facepalm:Have a great weekend:D

OOPS:facepalm: Sorry just one other thing to ask at the moment .I am at the moment transferring some of the stuff from my old computer which is running on windows Vista there are two screen savers on it which I wish to transfer over to my windows 7 computer is there a way i can do this. By the way thank you for the nice comment you gave me about my build. I must admit i am feeling quite proud of myself considering the nearest thing I got to a computer when i was a child was a Abacus counting Frame or my fingers :D Did not know anything about computers or how to use them until i got a Commodore 64 :eek: and since then have had my computers built for me. And at the ripe old age of 64 I have done it!:clap::clap::D. The thing now my wife wants me to build her one which i am looking forward to doing all i have got to do now is to learn a new language at my age it is called computerlang Looks like I will have to buy a Rosetta stone language pack :cool:

Hi chaz did you manage to transfer the screensaver okay? By the way I am the same age as you, it is good to learn new things though. When I joined this forum back in 2008 I thought I knew a lot, how wrong I was, there are a lot of clever people here and I too have learned more over the years!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom