Windows Defender error message following installation of Mcafee internet security

G

giuthenovice

Hi

I have a new sony vaio laptop with windows vista installed when we had it we had a free 60 days trial of McAfee internet security that has now run out and i have subscribed to McAfee 3-user internet security as it works fine. However after installing the McAfee i now get an error messge when i log on popping up saying " Windows Defender is not initialised there is a problem starting the program." Everything still works fine i can use the internet and i get no other error messages on McAfee. I just close the error message and ignore it but to be honest i dont know what Windows Defender is or if it is important? i assumed its something that is replicated on MCAfee and i therefore dont need it? Is this right or should i be worried? Can anyone help as when it comes to technical issues i am useless. Many thanks G:lease: hope this makes sense.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom