Windows Can't See DV Camcorder on IEEE1394

IWantPVR

Standard Member
I have a Samsung VP D361 Mini DV camcorder and access to a couple of laptops with XP and Vista. I have a 4 pin IEEE1394 cable to connect the camcorder DV port to the laptop. I've downloaded the Samsung drivers, connected up and switched on.

The camcorder doesn't show the 'DV' symbol on the display, Device Manager doesn't show a camcorder under 'Imaging' or anywhere else and Windows Movie Maker can't find a device anywhere. Both laptops are the same.

Due to that and the missing DV symbol I guess the camcorder is the problem. Does anyone know what I have to do to make it see the DV cable is connected?

senu

Distinguished Member
You shouldn't need drivers anyway
Have you tried another cable?

jaymac

As already said plus try connecting up with both pc and Cam Off then turn the pc on then when its up and running turn on the cam make sure its switched to the play position. Windows should bleep and the dialogue come up asking what software do you want to use.

senu

Distinguished Member
On my systems and Camcorders, the PC picks it up even if it isn't in Play such that i can record live views directly!:D
For the purposes of capturing footage though. Play is the correct setting to use

IWantPVR

Standard Member
Thanks for all your help guys. Unfortunately nothing is working. I even bought another cable but no deal. I've requested an RMA to send it back for another one. Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom