Windows 8 after using Refresh. HELP

spiderman999

Standard Member
Hi All,

I used the Windows 8 Refresh and like many others I seem to have lost all the important files. Where as I could simply connect my Camera and it would automatically connect now it does't help. AVG, I Tunes, Abi all lost. How can I restore the automatic connection? I can't even use the tool bar AVForums when writing a message?

Thanks

:lease:

Presumably you've been using software supplied by the camera manufacturer to connect it, as otherwise it should show up as a removable drive in file explorer. If you haven't got a disc that came with the camera with the required software on it, try the manufacturer's website - it should be available as a download.

spiderman999

Standard Member
Never used the supplied disc, I think it just connected to Windows, and also transferred automatically to Piscasa. But will try the Panasonic Web Site.

The problem seems to be the way Windows sees the camera. I've tried connecting two cameras direct to my computer (I usually use a card reader) & got two different results. The Canon Powershot is seen as a removable device & plugging it in brings up a little "Tap to choose what happens with this device" dialog box at the top of the screen, allowing options such as using Picasa to be set as default - to get that dialog box the camera must be switched on before it's plugged in. The older Olympus UltraZoom, on the other hand, is seen as a removable drive so there's no option to choose what actions to take other than use File explorer.

spiderman999

Standard Member
I tried a SanDisck Card reader. It shows up when I open Devices and Printers as does the camera, but the photo's are not downloading as they normally do. I did as you suggested and I don't get the dialog box.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom