Quantcast

Windows 7 ultimate - HELP!!!!!!

hb1967

Standard Member
Hi there,
I got my son a new gaming pc but it didnt have an operating system installed. I have been trying to install windows 7 ultimate onto it :) it starts loading but then says there is no driver recognised. I am totally computer illiterate :blush: so I dont know quite what to do now. Could anyone please give me some step by step advice :lease: as I have one disappointed boy on my hands.

Thanks
Hazel

SUMMONER

Novice Member
What is the make/model, or is it custom built?

What is the exact error message please? If it doesn't even commence the installation than it likely that it doesn't recognise/doesn't have the driver for the SATA controller (the chip inside that makes the hard drive work).

hb1967

Standard Member
Message says - no device drivers were found, make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers then press ok

SUMMONER

Novice Member
This message comes up before you get to choose which hard drive to install Windows on?

Try toggling the SATA controller between Legacy IDE and AHCI modes and re-attempt the installation. You can do this in the bios (usually press DEL key repeatedly after power on), look for an Advanced or SATA mode menu option.

What make/model PC is it or if it is custom made open it up and tell me model number of the motherboard.

Last edited:

SUMMONER

Novice Member
jings mind I'm a girl! ok i'll go try
The location of your genitalia has nothing to do with your technical skills. :D
Just put your mind to it and you can do anything. :smashin:

If you can't find it try taking some close-up pictures of the inside and upload them to Imageshack.

Last edited:

hb1967

Standard Member
ga-m68mt-d3p + ga-m68mt-s2
it say no drives were found. Click load driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation. when you click load driver the other message comes up. ps i found the manual :D i didnt dismantle anything

SUMMONER

Novice Member
For the next step you will need a USB memory stick with ~ 2MB of free space.

- download this
- double click the file/run it
- it will ask where to extract the file to, point it to the USB memory stick's drive letter and press Extract
- connect the USB stick during the Windows install and it should pick up the necessary drivers from it. if it doesn't do it automatically you may have to point it to the USB drive, into the folder called "win7_sataraid" when it asks for drivers.

Last edited:

hb1967

Standard Member
ok it says to continue installation, use the load driver option to install 32-bit and signed 64 bit drivers. Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unusable windows installation .......... Double dutch to me

SUMMONER

Novice Member
plug in the USB stick with the extracted drivers, click the "load drivers" button on the bottom left and browse for the USB stick on which you should find the folder called "win7_sataraid". Select it and press OK.

The white box on the main screen should now show the hard drive, select it and press "next".

hb1967

Standard Member
Looks like its loading then gives the ti continue installation use load driver to install 32-bit thing again, when you press ok it goes back to saying load drivers again :(

Trending threads

Latest News

Samsung unveils Terrace weatherproof 4K QLED TV for outdoor viewing
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 24th May 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky HDR launch rumoured for 27th of May
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony 2020 8K LED and 48-inch OLED TV prices leaked