Windows 7 Pro or WHS?

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by craney, Feb 24, 2013.

1. craney

craney
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Evening all

Just a real quick fire question, is there any benefit from running WHS on a micro server over a standard Win 7 Pro install? Im using the Microserver just as a file server and to stream out to laptops etc but i just cant decide on the OS. I want to install things like the Air Video server and itunes (unless there is a better way to stream music) It's just i have heard with WHS being a server OS its a little more difficult to install these kind of applications. I use Macrium Reflect to create images of all my machines and i planned on just keeping the images stored on the server so there would be know real need to take advantage of the backup service tat the WHS provides. Im hoping that i can then restore an image with the Macrium Win PE rescue disk straight from the server

What do you think?

Thanks a mill

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,113
    iHomeserver takes care of that problem for WHS, it automates installing iTunes and setting up a Homesharing service for iOS devices.