Windows 7 No DVD Sound

r4merlin

Anybody any ideas on why have no sound playing DVD's? (With WMP and 7MC)

Worked okay with Win 7 Beta, but have upgraded to Win 7 RC1 and come across this problem.

All other sounds seem to work apart from DVD i.e music works, windows sounds etc?

Stiggy

Did you do an upgrade or a clean install?

It sounds like a codec problem. Do you install any third party codecs?

Singh400

Distinguished Member
Download and install CCCP. Have a sneaky suspicion that the AC3 codec was crapped on during the upgrade.

r4merlin

Did you do an upgrade or a clean install?

It sounds like a codec problem. Do you install any third party codecs?
Clean install would not let me upgrade.

Only installed ATI Catalyst and Realtek drivers.

Download and install CCCP. Have a sneaky suspicion that the AC3 codec was crapped on during the upgrade
I will give that a try, its strange as Beta release sound worked fine after installing above.

TShill7

Standard Member
I also have no DVD sound under Win 7 and using WMP12. has anyone who has experienced this problem found a solution yet? :confused:

Thanks.

Damernath

Standard Member
For me it seemed like wmp tried to take exclusive rights to the device when playing DVD:s (mind only when playing DVD - music, other videofiles etc worked fine). This solution worked for me:

In the speakers properties/advanced i had to untick the exclusive mode - Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.

Hope it might help you guys...

tungst3n

Worked for me thanks....

scratch-lg

Standard Member
Win 7 wouldn't let me install because I had ATI catalyst. I wasn't using it and unloaded it. The Win 7 software loaded smoothly then with no subsequent problems

fogster74

Standard Member
Perfect !!

Just to reiterate, unchecking "allow applications to take exclusive control of ths device" sorted the issue for me of no DVD-sound playback on Windows 7 RC (build 7100) in Media Player 11. Incidentally, I'm running this on a 7-year old Dell Inspiron 8600 (still gets 3.2 in the Performance Index!!) with just 1.5GB of RAM and it runs beautifully - well done Microsoft, you've gone a huge way to rectifying the car crash that was Vista...!:thumbsup:

Top Bottom