Windows 7 Mouse Problem

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Sedated, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Sedated

Sedated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Im having problems with windows 7 and the mouse, Seems more of a left click issue?

The problem is really frustrating especially when I try and drag some files from one folder to another.
    Its like the mouse is double clicking, say I grab a selection of folders and try to move them, then the mouse will either let go of them or open one of the folders.

Its really annoying when it dumps a file in another folder as you are dragging over other files, and you wonder where it has gone, and have to "undo move"

Also flicking through photos it misses odd ones just like youve clicked twice.

I think its similar to whats happenning here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...lated-to/a84c70e2-ccda-457d-b719-ccc3777c3f9c

and more here

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107256-mouse-left-click-drag-issue.html

if I use right button to select/click I can "lasso" multiple files/folders and move safely, it just opens a dialouge box asking if I wast to "copy Here" or "move here" once I click off at my destination?

I suppose its a work around as is "Cut & Paste" but Ive never encountered this before.

Always used left button for this task??

And no it isnt my mouse as Ive tryed 2 and one is a trusted mouse from my old PC. Also its a new PC

Anyone else had this problem

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. Sedated

Sedated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Still having this problem with the double clicking thing
    Tryed 3 mice all same problem. Deleted mouse drivers reinstalled. Tryed different usb ports.

Examples...

Left click move/drag a MP3 file it opens it and plays

Trying to drag a folder will open folder

Moving files lets go and drops them in other folders, you havnt a clue where theyve gone. Its just a constant "Undo".

Doing stuff in graphics programs try selecting multiple images the mouse unclicks and moves just the one image that your mouse is on.

Highlighting text to copy, constantly retrying as its clicking of and on, highlighting from various points

Using snipping tool willclick off before you have covered all you want to snip.

The list goes on....

Noone else in windows 7 having or had this problem?

3. Sliver

Sliver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I've recently had the exact same issue. This was how I fixed it.

Goto Control Panel (View Small Icons if not already)
    Then click on Mouse
    In the Dialogue Window that opens, you should see a setting on the first Tab which says :

Click Lock

Make sure this box is unticked.

:smashin:

4. Sedated

Sedated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Silver, thanks but it is unticked.

5. Sliver

Sliver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Any joy getting this fixed ? Would be good to know.