Windows 7 Laptop Design?

tugboatbill

Standard Member
I have just started looking for a replacement laptop and in my search I came accross the following article and I was wondering just how much the design of the next batch of laptops will differ from what is currently available?

Windows 7 will bring new major Netbook and Laptop Designs

brookheather

Distinguished Member
I fail to see what Windows 7 has to do with laptop design - it is purely down to Intel and AMD in terms of their new processor designs which are becoming more integrated and therefore allow thinner and lighter designs (e.g. Intel's new Pine Trail cpu).

- Simon.

Last edited:

tugboatbill

Standard Member
Yes, that was my initial thought but is there anything in Windows 7 that could allow for cooler running or faster laptops?

I suppose the only parallel I could think of was the shift in technology when we moved from Dos to Windows but I don't understand how a new Windows operating system will impact on laptops. Perhaps Intel and AMD will redesign chips around Windows 7?

DJACID

Novice Member
Any laptop which came with Vista,
will see a improvement once windows 7 is installed.....

tugboatbill

Standard Member
I would think that the new Intel Mobile i7/i5 processors will have more impact than W7, I'm the same not sure whether to wait for an i7 laptop or not been looking at an Acer 8935g but it's only Dual Core.

tugboatbill

Standard Member
Yes, I have been looking at the Acer 8935g and also the Acer 7735z, both seem to offer exceptional value, although a couple of people have told me that the build quality is not as good as say, Toshiba, and that they tend to overheat and shut down.

They are very well spec'd soundwise with Dolby Home Theatre etc which appeals to me. I am currently using a Dell Inspiron 2200 (of which the power supply has failed), because the screen on my Dell Inspiron 9300 has died.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom