Windows 7 install problems.

ClandestineConn

Standard Member
Hi,

I'm attempting a fresh install of Windows 7 ultimate onto a new build. The specs are as follows:

-Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
-Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD 2.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Read = 550MB/s, Write = 510MB/s -
-Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Vengeance Memory Kit CL9 1.5V
-Coolermaster Elite 330 Case With Coolermaster eXtreme Power 500W PSU
-Asus GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini HDM Out PCI-E Graphicas Card
-Asus P8Z68-V PRO Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard

I've made a bootable USB flash drive with files from MSDN, it seems in perfect working order.
When I attempt the install, everything seems fine until it gets to the beginning of the driver search and it returns with the error: A required CD/DVD device driver is missing.

When I attempt to browse and locate a driver, it doesn't show my SSD at all (despite it being fine in bios) but I can browse any USB etc that I plug in. I've dl'd all raid/mother board drivers I can find from Asus and pointed the installer at them but to no avail. I've also tried changing from IDE-Raid etc, etc in the bios.

I'm assuming that windows is having problems communicating with my SSD for some reason but other than pointing it at the newest drivers I don't really know what else to try.

Any help would be much appreciated as I've spent hours upon hours trying to resolve the situation.

Cheers in advance,

Matt.

SeanT

Distinguished Member
I'd try it with the bootable dvd from a verified iso image next, see if you get any further.

SeanT

Distinguished Member
Get one, or use something that will simulate one (a USB iso loader)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom