Windows 7 Home Premium won't install for Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Apple Forum' started by pault2007, Dec 22, 2011.

1. pault2007

pault2007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,387
    I downloaded the 32-bit upgrade version of Windows 7 Home Premium from the Microsoft Store this evening to install on my iMac currently running OS X Leopard (10.5.8) and Windows XP.

I managed to burn the image to a DVD OK but when Windows 7 gets past the Welcome screen, it keeps on coming up with 'A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing' and won't find anything for me and then I have to exit the setup.

I'm really confused because if the drive can read the DVD then surely the device driver is installed?

I've tried downloading the 32-bit version again (in-case there was a download problem) and installing it but the same thing happens.

I have no reason to believe the download left out some files.

Does anyone know how I can get around this, because, at the moment, I've wasted £85 and wish I'd have just bought it in town?

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. pault2007

pault2007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,387
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  3. General Zod

General Zod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Found this from the Leopard Boot Camp instructions.....

If you’re using Windows XP, you cannot upgrade to Windows 7. You can perform a clean install (also called a custom install), which erases your Boot Camp partition. Before you perform a clean install, make sure you have the installation discs for all your programs and a backup of your personal files and settings. You can restore them after the installation.