windows 7 getting slower?

snooper

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi built a new pc a few months ago and it was quicker then at getting around and opening programmes etc but now it seems to be getting slower. The only thing i have done with Win 7 are the updates. Could this be the cause?

You got any up to date anti virus software running?

Up to date firewall?

Up to date anti spyware / adware / malware protecting your system?

You defragged the hard drive recently?

Loads of stuff running in the background you dont need?

Computers need a little house keeping doing to keep them running tip top ;)

You got any up to date anti virus software running?

Up to date firewall?

Up to date anti spyware / adware / malware protecting your system?

You defragged the hard drive recently?

Loads of stuff running in the background you dont need?

Computers need a little house keeping doing to keep them running tip top ;)

Yeh on top of everything and whats on now was on when i initially built the pc i.e Kasp internet security, tune up utilities all set up with bare minimum things running thats why its strange nothings been added apart from update downloads.

What specifically is slow?

Is defrag set to run automatically? Your disk can get very fragmented on an HTPC when you are recording and deleting lots of large files.

Opening programmes etc just taking more time to start than they were doing. When i run tune up weekly it says disc defrag doesn't need doing. Should i run one manually from windows or do it manually through tune up utilities to see if anything improves.

What's this 'tune up' thing? I'm always suspicious these programs actually make things worse.

Windows 7 normally runs it's own defrag weekly.

What's this 'tune up' thing? I'm always suspicious these programs actually make things worse.

Windows 7 normally runs it's own defrag weekly.
One of the few programs that does do what it says on the box.If set up correctly

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom