windows 7 build 7600 this copy of windows is not genuine

sloxam

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi, for some reason this has appeared in the bottom right of my pc screen
windows 7 build 7600 this copy of windows is not genuine
my screen has gone black too.
my copy was purchased from tesco as a genuine upgrade but it is now saying it isn't.
i can't change or reenter the product key as the system isn't recognising it a s genuine software.
can anyone help?

Have you tried product activation again? I get this if I boot my Mac's Windows partition in VMWare Fusion, as it sees the hardware has totally changed and gets confused. I just activate again and it's fine.

Last edited:
TechNet copy of Win 7 U x86 RTM suddenly boots to a blank screen with "This copy of Windows is not genuine". The only change I can think of is that I added a RAID Array on the system. However I'm dual booting to W 7U x64 and that has no problem. Yet!

I've searched the forum but can't find a similar issue. All I can do on the blank screen (light blue) is run Ctrl Alt Del to get task manageror a shutdown icon.

I had that message pop up earlier today after fitted a slave hard drive in to my pc.

Do you get 2 options pop up on the screen?

One should say " get genuine now " or something like that, if you click that & your connected to the internet it should sort itself out within a few seconds.

When I switched on first there was a dialog box saying "updating and then reboot., which I did and got a completely blank screen, light blue, with only the message in the lower right corner

There's no way to reactivate. I can't get past the blank screen.

OK. I booted the x86 version again. I got the blank screen. I opened task manager via Ctrl Alt Delete and using "new tasks" key, I launched explorer.exe. I got the taskbar and my programs shortcuts. Some of the programs worked. However Control Panel wouldn't, giving me a "no such interface" and a string of numbers. Back in x64 now.

Came across this: http://www.avforums.com/forums/windows-7/1139059-black-screen-death.html

I've scanned the disk and then moved my data and downloads to one of the RAID Arrays. I deleted the partition and created a new one.

I then started to install using the 32-bit disk but that hung after the windows starting screen before the language selection screen.

I remembered that I was trying to install to a laptop last week and I kept getting an invalid key message after the name and password screen.

I don't think setup checks online for the keys at that stage, maybe it does.

I'm thinking the .iso file was damaged on download or my dvd drive is dodgy. But I'm not sure how that would give the light blue thingy screen.

OK. I noticed I had a USB floppy drive plugged in. I removed that and boot again and the installation goes to the select language screen.

One problem solved.

I don't remember if I had the USB floppy drive plugged in when I got the light blue screen.

I'll try to replicate the light blue screen after I've re-installed Win 7 x86 by plugging in the USB floppy drive.

Last edited:
I got this message and was trying to do the reactivate etc I am left with a black screen. No icons. no response from CTRL, ALT,DELETE
Can anyone please give me advise. :lease:

Have you tried product activation again? I get this if I boot my Mac's Windows partition in VMWare Fusion, as it sees the hardware has totally changed and gets confused. I just activate again and it's fine.

I am just getting black screen. No icons. No response to ctrl,alt,delete

I got this message and was trying to do the reactivate etc I am left with a black screen. No icons. no response from CTRL, ALT,DELETE
Can anyone please give me advise. :lease:

There is a malware infection which messes with activation.

Any tips on what I can do to get rid of this malware?
I have AVG full version running

I ran superantispyware and avast anti virus I am running malwarebytes at present. I tried the reactivate and got a message that I may be a victim of piracy. I appreciate any help that you can offer. This is not my area of expertise

Still getting black screen with the same message. Activation made no difference. Can anyone please offer any advise as to how I can fix this problem?
I have completed scans using malwarebytes, avast anti virus, loaris trojan remover,

Any tips on what I can do to get rid of this malware?
I have AVG full version running

I personally do not trust AVG there has been numerous problems over the last year or so. Use MSE or Avast, both free.

My advice is start from scratch - bite the bullit and re-install. Format first and then re-install.. the only way to properly get rid of all malware.

I hope you have solved the problem. If it is not malware or a virus causing it, the issue could relate to Microsoft update KB971033. Try booting up in Safe mode, look up your windows updates and uninstall the one I've mentioned. Re-boot normally.

I just got the damn thing back and am still getting the same message. Can anyone please advise as to how I can download a GENUINE LEGAL ISO of win 7 ultimate as I have the activation key. I have tried MS and am sick of clicking from one link that links to another and on it goes. I really do hope that someone comes up with an alternative to this crap:lease:

I guess you have no Windows 7 DVD then? Does your PC come with a recovery partition?

Unfortunately no. I wanted to do the recovery discs as advised on purchase of all new PCs. But what is the point if the thing is not recognised as genuine?.
:confused:

I hope you have solved the problem. If it is not malware or a virus causing it, the issue could relate to Microsoft update KB971033. Try booting up in Safe mode, look up your windows updates and uninstall the one I've mentioned. Re-boot normally.
Can you tell me how to actually boot into safe mode? That update was indeed installed. I have looked in control panel add/remove but it is not showing in programes. I have clicked 'del' at start up which brings me into the bios but I see no option to boot other than 1st 2nd etc. Which obviously is not right. Thanks

Can you tell me how to actually boot into safe mode?
Keep hitting the F8 key as the PC powers up. If you get to the Windows Starting screen then you have missed it and need to reboot and try again.
That update was indeed installed. I have looked in control panel add/remove but it is not showing in programes.
Click on 'View installed updates' to see it - enter KB971033 into the search box if you can't find.

Mark.

I got this meassage but can find nothing here????

Dear blitzgeist,

danceriddle has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - windows 7 build 7600 this copy of windows is not genuine - in the Windows 7 forum of AVForums.com.:lease:

I got that message yesterday. I re-activated and re-entered the Key. It was accepted. No more message. So far!

I got this meassage but can find nothing here????

Dear blitzgeist,

danceriddle has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - windows 7 build 7600 this copy of windows is not genuine - in the Windows 7 forum of AVForums.com.:lease:

There was a post but it was removed as it added nothing to the thread.

Hi guys, this is my first post to the AV forums so hope this helps anyone. Today on the 08 dec 2010 I started my laptop after reloading the operating system 2 days previous and got the dreaded message that my Windows 7 Was Not Genunine even though I have a genunine retail key for it, below are the steps that I had to take to get it activated properly without having to phone microsoft.

1: Had to go into installed programs, then click on installed updates, then you have to scroll down to the windows updates section and search for KB971033 update which happened to be at top of list for me.

2: Un-install the KB971033 update and restart system.

3: The system should still be displaying the windows not genunine watermark in bottom right, next open your browser and click on the link below.

Genuine Microsoft Software

and click on validate up at top of screen, this should then re-install the windows activation file that was deleted above and refresh all activation files but this time it validates windows in the process.

4: This method worked for me without using any cracks or process's that microsoft are cracking down on. Hope this helps others.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom