Windows 7 audio problems....

kjohnr2001

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all - odd problem here; - DFI Infinity mobo with inbuilt sound card has problems playing audio from the internal HDD (Hitachi) on my PC (Windows 7, 32bit).
According to the dexktop gadgets, both processors max-out and run at 100% even when playing any sound track, whether it's mpg, avi, wmv. mp3 whatever. I've tried all the various software players I can think of (media player, quicktime, etc), but nothing seems to make any difference.
I have downloaded and installed the latest graphics drivers (ATI Radeon 4850) and still the audio hangs/stutters/warbles etc....
Anyone with the same problems out there?
The machine used to run with no problem at all when I was using XP as the OS.
I have seen some other posts on other forums relating to this issue, but there doesn't seem to be a definitive remedy....

Any advice would be gratefully received

kjohnr

:lease:

Are you playing audio via HDMI then?

If so, you can try Realtek audio drivers as that's what the ATI card uses.

If not, you need to find out what sound card/chipset you are using; look in Device Manager.

No - the HDMI has been disabled....
Update however - tried a different internal hard drive with all kinds of other stuff running in the background, played video files with no problems - looks like the drive itself might be on the fritz. Just backing it up now and will replace the drive later

kjohnr

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom