windows 7 64bit issues with itunes

Deadringers

Distinguished Member
anyone else get these problems? attached is the error message i get.
i am running win7 64bit and i downloaded the 64bit itunes.

Thanks in advance
Josh

Attachments

• itunes capture.PNG
    itunes capture.PNG
    28.2 KB · Views: 650

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
I installed itunes today after clean installing my computer with Win 7 x64 Pro (RTM) and didnt have a problem when i used i this morning (touch wood it continues :D)

Only thing i can recommend really is to reinstall the 64bit version of itunes
The version i downloaded this morn (the latest version)
iTunes 9.0.1 for Windows (64 bit)

D

Deleted member 293381

Sniper is quite right - remove and reinstall itunes. I would also recommend doing another download of itunes because the one you've got might be corrupted.

Singh400

Distinguished Member
My guess he started the update (or maybe auto update) and then tried to force it to quit.

Or perhaps Quicktime uses the iTunes code and the same thing happened (force quit).

Almost tempted to install iTunes and try to re-create error myself. But I let that beast loose on my music collection (it wrecked 40gb of tunes!) once, it is not going to happen again.

Think it is time I fired up the old VM... ;)

D

Deleted member 293381

My guess he started the update (or maybe auto update) and then tried to force it to quit.

Or perhaps Quicktime uses the iTunes code and the same thing happened (force quit).

Almost tempted to install iTunes and try to re-create error myself. But I let that beast loose on my music collection (it wrecked 40gb of tunes!) once, it is not going to happen again.

Think it is time I fired up the old VM... ;)

Yeah - itunes/quicktime has become a big bloated bit of software. But I like the way it lists the music information like a database so everything can be viewed without any pretty pictures or BS..........and it's free :).

What do you use for your music collection if not itunes?

Singh400

Distinguished Member
What do you use for your music collection if not itunes?
It's all dumped onto my server in the format:

Code:
[SIZE="3"]\\SERVER\Music\Artist Name\Album Name\Track Number - Track Name.mp3[/SIZE]

EG:

Code:
[SIZE="3"]\\SERVER\Music\DragonForce\Inhuman Rampage\01 - Through the Fire and Flames.mp3[/SIZE]

Each album has its own *.m3u playlist and then this is added to WMPx64 library ;) I'm about halfway through properly tagging my tunes.

Deadringers

Distinguished Member
That usually means there's some sort of utility attaching to the iTunes scripting interface. iTunes HotKeys is one I use, but there's stuff that displays album art, or stuff that sits in the system tray to let you change tracks etc. Running anything like that ?

hmm could be my keyboard and mouse software? lets me change track, play and pause with a touch of a button?
think it could be that?

conan

Each album has its own *.m3u playlist and then this is added to WMPx64 library ;) I'm about halfway through properly tagging my tunes.

I use the same format, also just finished making sure all my music is properly tagged. I used a piece of software called MP3tag, was a great help to me.

cwick

hmm could be my keyboard and mouse software? lets me change track, play and pause with a touch of a button?
think it could be that?

It could be. If it (the mouse/keyboard software) lives in the system tray, trying quitting it before iTunes and see if the problem goes away.

Or just forget about it, and hit the quit button on the iTunes dialogue that pops up - it's not an error message, just a warning that somethings still attached to iTunes. I get it every time I quit iTunes (because I'm running HotKeys), but I just tell it to quit, it doesn't cause a problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom