1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 2000

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by satchmo, Aug 26, 2005.

1. satchmo

satchmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - just a quick query. I need to get hold of a cheap, legal version of Windows 2000 to do a clean install on my kids computer that's lost the plot(currently running Windows ME) . Any ideas where I can get one ?

Cheers - Satchmo.

2. The Dude

The Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,173
    to be honest You'd be better off going for XP, it's not really any more demanding on the HW side of things, and is a much nicer OS.

Your best (cheapest) bet to get a legal copy, is to go for one of the OEM versions of XP Home SP2, you'll just need to buy something like a mouse, some memory etc along with it.. I'd go for some extra memory at the same time, as you'll probably need it anyway...or it can just go in your PC ;)

check out somewhere like komplett.co.uk they are usually fairly cheap.. about £55 for XP I think... :)

3. DrPepper

DrPepper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +232
    chachi got Windows XP Home for £30 on hardware classifieds

4. satchmo

satchmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for those replies guys - that's really helpful. I'll check out both the link you provided and the hardware classifieds.

Cheers - Satchmo.

5. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Also try ebay, you might want to pick up a brand new unregistered version, so you can install windows updates...