Windows 11 activation help

SnakePlissken006

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I recently upgraded motherboard, cpu and ram on gaming pc. I had windows 11 Pro installed working fine but with new build it won't let me activate it. I contacted Microsoft and they're not help at all. I explained that I upgraded motherboard and no longer have the old one. I'm using the same account and hard drive and did a fresh install before upgrading new components. They basically said I had to pay £200+ for a new product which is ridiculous. I tried going on Microsoft site and deactivating all devices but didn't help either. I upgraded to Windows 11 from windows 10 from a code I bought years ago and don't even have anymore. I tried buying a new windows 11 code from cdjs keys too but thay won't even work, says its invalid. Does anyone know how I can sort this?

Attachments

• 20221203_070631.jpg
    20221203_070631.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20221203_070523.jpg
    20221203_070523.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 27
  • 20221203_070508.jpg
    20221203_070508.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 24
I moved over to windows 11 from ten when Microsoft were rolling it out, I have had a lot of problems with it, Do you really need to use 11, is what I'm asking.

The dodgy key you tried second could just be invalid, many on those sorts of sites are.

Would the original key have been the same sort of thing or would it have been a proper retail copy? If it's the former it might just be that Microsoft are tightened up legitimacy checks on Windows 11.

Can you click the troubleshooter in activation area and select you have new hardware? If were signed in to ms account on the pc before it should be linked and re activate no problem.

Hi,
I recently upgraded motherboard, cpu and ram on gaming pc. I had windows 11 Pro installed working fine but with new build it won't let me activate it. I contacted Microsoft and they're not help at all. I explained that I upgraded motherboard and no longer have the old one. I'm using the same account and hard drive and did a fresh install before upgrading new components. They basically said I had to pay £200+ for a new product which is ridiculous. I tried going on Microsoft site and deactivating all devices but didn't help either. I upgraded to Windows 11 from windows 10 from a code I bought years ago and don't even have anymore. I tried buying a new windows 11 code from cdjs keys too but thay won't even work, says its invalid. Does anyone know how I can sort this?
Yep actually this is standard practice for activation of MS Windows. Graphics cards, disks, memory, PSU can all be changed without affecting validation, but some components particularly a Motherboard will flag the machine up as a new or different host, which makes sense really if you think about it. Go to MS for more info. That said, MS are far more relaxed than they used to be about Windows product activation.

You don't mercenarily need to contact MS and speak to anyone you just need to go to run the slui 4 option from the search and select 'call telephone number, you get the autometed response that prompts you for the information on your installation ID screen during the failed activation process. I did this last month after having changed a motherboard so know it does work.

However, you don't have the original activation key, so you need to extract it using something like belarc advisor.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom