Windows 10 Threshold 2 update - AVOID

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Made the mistake of trusting Microsoft AGAIN and allow Windows 10 pro to install the major update called Threshold 2.
Since it installed, my boot time has gone from about 1 minute to about 4 minutes and VPN access (which I need every day to update AVForums) is broken.
I rolled Windows back, but things are still broken.
So avoid the Windows 10 update until Micro$oft have fixed the problems.

sparky10

Made the mistake of trusting Microsoft AGAIN and allow Windows 10 pro to install the major update called Threshold 2.
Since it installed, my boot time has gone from about 1 minute to about 4 minutes and VPN access (which I need every day to update AVForums) is broken.
I rolled Windows back, but things are still broken.
So avoid the Windows 10 update until Micro$oft have fixed the problems.
It might be a problem for some as this update has been out for about a week and many will have already installed it, this is the first that I have heard of an issue with it though?

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Google it. There are several sites reporting issues.

mike7

Distinguished Member
Apart from having to install a Canon driver to bring my printer back to life I have not encountered any problems.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Any major update is going to cause some issues:

In cases like the startup time it could as easily be a third party program at fault than a bug on Microsoft's side. The VPN is probably fair enough if you're using the built in windows option though.

MarkE19

Apart from having to install a Canon driver to bring my printer back to life I have not encountered any problems.
No problems for me with the update, not even with my Canon printer :)

Now upgrading my MacBook to El Capitan was a big PITA - but as suggested above by EndlessWaves that was a 3rd party software issue and not anything directly wrong with the update from Apple. So I agree that it may just have been something else that was installed on the PC.

Mark.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
I've done both of mine - not via the automated process, but by downloading (once) the new ISO and installing from there - and I only see improvement; nothing has broken that I can see.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom