Windows 10 Remote Advice

Downinja

Does anyone use an air mouse with windows 10?

Thinking of getting one for my HTPC, ideally it would also have a keyboard.

Something like a WeChip W1?

1629291574534.png

mole

yeah I have one of those - not a wechip brand - but identical - otherwise.

I only have one issue with it and that is it's bit of a pain not having separate number buttons.
But apart from that it's great - very good air mouse control.

Downinja

I think I would prefer the k400, just not sure I can get away with a keyboard in the living room.

John7

It's reasonably compact and all in one. Comes in white as well. I just keep it at the side of the sofa where I sit, so it's out of the way until I need it.

Downinja

Picked up a k400 and ordered the wechip online.

K400 seems ok, but it's definitely not going down too well with Mrs Ninja.

Probably didn't help that I have a slight issue with sound dying when NUC goes to sleep (having to reboot receiver). Hoping a newer driver might fix it.

Will return one of them.

Downinja

The K400 is going back.

Playing around with the WeChip last night and it far more suited to the living room than the k400 was.

Yes the keyboard isn't brilliant by comparison, but for the number of times it will be used I don't think that matters.

The direction pad on WeChip is much better than the arrows on the keyboard, and the fact you can use it 1 handed makes a lot of difference.

(IMO)

razy60

Picked up a k400 and ordered the wechip online.

K400 seems ok, but it's definitely not going down too well with Mrs Ninja.

Probably didn't help that I have a slight issue with sound dying when NUC goes to sleep (having to reboot receiver). Hoping a newer driver might fix it.

Will return one of them.
If your running Windows then just set it to not sleep in preferences.

Downinja

Yup, did that. Sadly it's a tiny bit more complex. If you turn off the receiver the HDMI handshake is a touch unreliable when you power it back on.

Generally we just leave the NUC on, leave the Receiver on and power of the TV, so it's pretty much solved.

WeChip remote is performing really well, very happy with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom