Windows 10 Laptop slowing up.

pacmankel

Novice Member
I have a Windows 10 Laptop that I got just over a year ago, and about 3-4 weeks ago the whole laptop started slowing down. Now over the last week it is slow to point I can’t bare it anymore.

It doesn’t matter what I am doing it just takes forever to do anything, for example it takes around 5 minutes to open an excel page or internet page. When it does open half the times it says it is not responding and has to close.

I have done a virus scan and it picked up nothing. I am begging you all can someone please help.

sep8001

Hi

When it slows down check task manager to see if you can see what is causing the issue.

It could be an issue with an app, or even the HD/SSD.

If you have anything important on it make sure you have a back up, and if you have the install media you could try a clean install.

pacmankel

Novice Member
I didn’t find anything in task manager and I am currently trying to get malwarebytes to download but as I said it takes a while.

I will post back the results of malware bytes

D

Deleted member 202217

Did you install anything new or update anything prior to the problem?

If all else fails, as said previously, back up anything precious and reinstall windows from the recovery partition might be best way forward for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom