• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Windows 10 clean install

offitmassive

Hi all, I'm currently looking at doing a clean install of win 10 any have seen the option to remove files any clean drive . Is this as good as a clean install as it says it's for selling or recycling the computer. I'm aware I have to reinstall drivers and software but is it as good as the clean install? ?

ObsidianEclipse

With Windows 10, yes. It works entirely different to the way windows used to perform platform updates and rollbacks by using a empty system template and adding to it rather than overwriting cumulatively. You should find no difference at all by using the built in option as opposed to manualy formating the drive.

offitmassive

Many thanks

offitmassive

Done the reset this afternoon. I chose to clean it as if I was keeping it rather than selling it. Took 15 mins from pressing start to it rebooting. Quite impressed with it tbh .

DavidT

With the new 1511 upgrade I believe you can now do a clean install without upgrading from Windows 7 or 8.1 and use the existing key to activate.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom