Windows 10 - Can't see 5ghz wifi

ocelot20

Today I bought a cheap USB wifi card. It says it supports 2.4ghz and 5ghz. The wifi card is esynic ESY-NT025. Says on the website it supports:

802.11a: 6, 9, 12, 24, 36, 48, 54Mbps

802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11Mbps

802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 24, 36, 48, 54Mbps

802.11n: Support PHY rate up to 300Mbps

Support Soft-AP; QoS-WMM, WMM-PS; WiFi Direct

I connected it to my PC and no drivers installed. But it found my 2.4ghz fine. So I installed the drivers. Still I could only see 2.4. So I looked on there website and downloaded the latest drivers. But no luck it still only finds the 2.4ghz.

I know the signal if fine as my ipad can find and connect to the 5ghz fine. Do I have to enable it some how on Windows 10?

rs6mra

Dude I'll be concerned as to whether its dual band as these guys can't even spell 'network' correctly on their website in the drop down menu under products. I know that's got nothing to do with it but I can't help but think it not dual band.
It also doesn't clearly state its dual band as in the norm like other manufacturers do.
I doubt you will have the option to activate in Win 10 but i stand to be corrected.

ocelot20

Dude I'll be concerned as to whether its dual band as these guys can't even spell 'network' correctly on their website in the drop down menu under products. I know that's got nothing to do with it but I can't help but think it not dual band.
It also doesn't clearly state its dual band as in the norm like other manufacturers do.
I doubt you will have the option to activate in Win 10 but i stand to be corrected.
When I go to device manager it does give me options for 5ghz connection.

rs6mra

Hmmmmm..... in that case someone else would be along shortly to assist. Sorry i can't be of any help. I'll be watching closely to see what possible solutions are that would be recommended.

ocelot20

Hmmmmm..... in that case someone else would be along shortly to assist. Sorry i can't be of any help. I'll be watching closely to see what possible solutions are that would be recommended.
Fixed the issue. Not only did the drivers on the supplied disk enable 5ghz. The latest drivers from there website did not work.

However I went to device manager. Then clicked on the wifi card. Clicked on Update drivers. Clicked on brows my computer. Then onto let me pick from a list of device drivers. Then finally onto 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card (Ralink). This then installed a driver and I was then able to connect to my 5ghz.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom