Windows 10 can't open email and start bar won't work

Zippy77777

Established Member
Reaction score
Please help.

Since yesterday afternoon, for some reason my computer, out of the blue has started to have issues.
I can't open my email. If I click frantically on it, it will eventually open but once in there I can't do anything. Nothing works. If I double click on an email it just minimises the whole email screen.

Also the start bar (bottom left hand corner) windows logo doe's not work. If I right click it brings up the list but I can't access any of them. Left clicking the start bar button doe's nothing at all.

Please help me. What has happened all of a sudden. Virus, windows update? I really don't know. I hope someone here can help me rectify this :(

Thank you

It seems to work OK when I switch the machine off altogether but it happens when I do a restart. Something about a 'task host' something not letting background tasks run and then I have to hit 'restart anyway'. When it restarts, it plays up. I have to do a shut down (power OFF) and a switch on to get it to work again properly. Please help. Thx

First time I have heard anything like this.

Do you use Malwarebytes, could run a scan with that.

Bumping an old thread but my win 10 setup was doing this - something about installing a driver when I was going to shut it down. Think it was my external USB HDD. I disconnected it and it was fine. maybe worth checking all your USB devices are not needing reseated.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom