• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Windows 10 and 7 not loading

bogart99

Inherited an Asus desktop supposedly loaded with Windows 10. Was reset before I got it. Upon switching on all I get is the circle of dots going round and round. After waiting ages and trying to alter a few things I thought I would try to do a fresh install of Windows 7. Went okay at start ie loading files messages etc then all I get is Windows starting message and nothing more. So appears whatever system is being used it gets so far then something just hangs it. I am thinking might be a bios problem but have not a clue as to ascertain if it is or not.

bogart99

just out of interest I did another reset of the machine and it seemed to go okay. Said loading windows asked for wifi password then said loading critcal updates rebooted a few times and then just left me with the cursor on the screen nothing else. So went into safe mode and not much happening there the only program I can see loaded is the realtek audio one. Now if I do a normal reboot am back to the persistant circle game.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom