1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wind Waker, flowerpots, and flowers

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by rhoamish, May 22, 2003.

1. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm really enjoying Zelda, but one of the tasks seems a bit odd/dull/lengthy. I get the impression I need to plant lots of flowers all over Windfall Island, and a couple of other places.

That's going to take forever! There's pots everywhere! Has anyone bothered? Is it worth doing?

2. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I remember correctly, you only have to do 14. Use anything bought from Zunari (eskimo shopkeeper) - I just went for the 10 rupee flowers, then talk to the guy sitting on the bench in the middle of town and he will give you a heart piece!

hth

3. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you got to the Nintendo Gallery near Forest Haven yet? I idea there is to take pictures of everyone (132 characters) in the game three at a time, return to the gallery and get figurines carved of your pictures at the rate of one a day (by conducting two songs of passing each time!!) I got up to 55 figurines over about three (real) days and then gave up and clocked the game instead. Now that is a lengthy side quest.

Didn't bother buying all the plants and statues either.

4. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took one look at the number of podiums in the gallery and thought "hmm, it would appear that I'm not a dedicated gamer".

I certainly won't be messing about with the gallery any further! It looked like to big a task to me, and I've got a dog that needs walking.

I finished the game last night, by the way! I must say it's the most impressive, satisfying game I've ever set eyes on. I can't recommend it enough.

I put 'Ocarina of Time' on afterwards, and it struck me that games haven't moved on that much, but playability has. Ocarine felt awful by comparison, although I loved it when it came out originally on the N64.

5. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's

132 photos to take
    44 trips to and from the gallery
    132 game days (at least)
    264 plays of the song of passing

crazy sub quest, I wonder if you play through again whether any of your statuetes in the first game remain there. I will give Ocarina of Time a go soon, as I've run out of new games.

6. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I finished TWW last night :) Absolutely stunning ending for those who are still playing it. Warning: the penultimate boss is a real pain in the arse. It took me about 15 minutes to beat...

Fantastic game though - one of the best 3 games I've ever played IMHO