• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wind-up Ethernet Cable

Iccz

Distinguished Member
What you are after is a RJ45 Cable Extension Reel, they can be found if you have a google around but due to lack of demand you might struggle to find a decent one or a reputable seller, the problem is a lot of people fit their cable into their walls, trunking, under floor boards etc and just leave it there as it's practical if it gets used quite regularly etc.

mickyd67

Established Member
What you are after is a RJ45 Cable Extension Reel, they can be found if you have a google around but due to lack of demand you might struggle to find a decent one or a reputable seller, the problem is a lot of people fit their cable into their walls, trunking, under floor boards etc and just leave it there as it's practical if it gets used quite regularly etc.

Cheers Iccz

I'll keep looking however, as you say, these things aren't easy to come-by.

:)

mickyd67

Established Member
Have you thought about getting something like CDL Micro - 15m FLAT Cat5e Ethernet/Patch Cable - Product Details that you could run under your carpet? It's a lot easier and tidier, plus the wind up extension reels are hard to find, probably due to the lack of practicality - especially with wireless improving, homeplugs and the ability to run cable through your house quite easily.

I don't want the cable there all the time - it's only for use now and again.

Closest I've got thus far is this: Mills Ltd - RJ45 Extension Reel

Must be something out there.

Iccz

Distinguished Member
As I've said it's not really an "in demand" item, with the various technology around such as wireless, homeplugs and with people integrating cabling into their homes the need for such. The one you've linked to is looking like it could be your best bet.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom