winamp 5

steve k

Anyone used Winamp 5 how good or bad is it comments please:confused:

Jeff

Distinguished Member
I had a quick go, it doesn't appear to be bit perfect so can't play DTS CD's, WinAMP 3 is bit perfect once you untick directsound.

steve k

only want to use it to play music on my laptop so is it ok for that

probedb

Banned
5 seems to be version 2 + 3, means plugins from 2 work in it like ASIO output and the MAD MP3 decoder plugin :)

james.miller

winamp 5 is a pretty good player - i never really found anythign wrong with it. I'm loving the simple interface of foobar now though.

T

TEK

I never used to like WinAmp so stuck with WMP for years but I tried version 5 the other day and I have to say I'm very impressed and wont be going back to WMP

Pootle

Standard Member
media library is a lt better than before, most but not all V2 plugins work. Don't understand why Jeff thinks it isn't bit perfect wih the right plugins, (but then I only play 2 channel stuff thru it)

I'd still rather have a media server with a web front end and a proper database to search in though!

Jeff

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by Pootle
Don't understand why Jeff thinks it isn't bit perfect wih the right plugins, (but then I only play 2 channel stuff thru it)

Because it won't play DTS CDs, my RME doesn't need plugins to bypass the kmixer. Winamp 3 works perfectly, Winamp 5 doesn't.

jwexqm

Standard Member
does anyone know if there's a HTPC skin for V5 with chunky antialiased text suitable for living room TV jukebox use?

I've fallen in love with the media library feature on 5 and it would be superb if this were somehow navigable from my TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom