Win TV PVR

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Matty N, Apr 28, 2001.

1. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if the Win TV PVR (the only one that I know of that can operate using the supplied IR remote control) can record from its S-Video/composite ports using a stereo audio in? Seems to me that as they have video in, they must have audio in somewhere on the back panel - is it stereo or mono.

Intended use is for a whole house server to control all the technological wonders of the modern age!

Thanks for anything you may know,

Matt

2. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    would think it uses the soundcard input to record sound

3. GaryG

GaryG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Matt

I'm sitting here holding the Win TV PVR box in my hands. It looks like it has an audio input and the box says it has a high quality MPEG2 video and audio encoder. Unfortunately, I can't open the box and check because I'm sending it back as it won't work with Windows 2000.

[ 31-05-2001: Message edited by: GaryG ]

4. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whered you get it? i ordered one from buy for about 185 but they were quoting 4-6wks so i cancelled

M

5. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gary,

check Hauppage's internet site - I'm sure they are showing drivers for WIN2K and many other people appear to be using the US version with WIN2K

Matt