Win a copy of They Came from Beyond Space on Blu-ray

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
WIN CULT 60S SCI-FI HORROR THEY CAME FROM BEYOND SPACE – NEWLY RESTORED ON BLU-RAY and DVD
THEY CAME FROM BEYOND SPACE, the Amicus Productions’ 60s sci-fi horror from the legendary director Freddie Francis is available to buy on Blu-ray for the first time and on DVD and digital formats from 8th March 2021.

Starring Robert Hutton, Jennifer Jayne, Zia Mohyeddin and Bernard Kay THEY CAME FROM BEYOND SPACE was written by Milton Subotsky, the acclaimed screenwriter of Dr Who and the Daleks and Tales from the Crypt, adapted from the book ‘The Gods Hate Kansas’ by Joseph Millard. An enjoyably camp B-movie, the Amicus producers followed in the tradition of 50s classics such as Invasion of the Bodysnatchers adding some 60s kitsch-styling and ingenious low-budget special effects to this British retro treat.
.​

Watch the trailer here:

© 2021 Studiocanal All Rights Reserved

For Movie reviews, news and articles go to the AVForums Movie Hub.

To discuss or to see what other people are saying about your favourite movies and TV shows go to our Movies, TV Shows & Music Forums.

This competition is open to all eligible AVForums members who are in the Novice Member User Group or above, who are not adblocking, and who are subscribed to our newsletter.

Our newsletters contain summaries of the latest news and reviews, competitions, podcasts and exclusive special offers. Subscribe now. You can unsubscribe at any time by changing your preferences.

For more competitions go to Competitions.

Garrett

Another Came From film The Came From Beyond Space apparently this was a double feature with the Terrornauts and the latter was suppose to be the better film which would be a disservice to The Came From Beyond Space as its the better film although not great by any means and takes a few ideas from other films
Quatermass II and an other Came From film It Came From Outer Space
Its a British sci fi film but use Robert Hutton an American as the lead who not to bad in the role in fact he spent a fair but of time on these shores in roles in British productions inc a Bond film, The Saint and was in a segment of Torture Garden as one of the stars that never lost their looks.
The basic plot for a sci fi film ok but constrained by the budget and a poor ending (with a ridiculous name of the main villain? the music crap as well(, which the second film in my spoiler did better. If you think it's bad for for the humans the second half ramps it up.
I did have to think what flip as the hero impervious to the aliens as he has a silver plate in his head and gets a mate to a company and says he needs a silver shield on his head and he ask where he going to get the silver whilst looking at like 25 huge silver trophies, next scene you see in the dust where they been , honestly 2 or 3 would have done.
Not as good as the old American B sci fi films but not a bad one for the brits and way better than the TV movies seen on the Horror Channel. Based on a 1941 story The Gods Hate Kansas which is more global, than that set in a small part of England but then Star Trek go to planets and the story happens in an area little bigger than a back garden.

Only gets 4.5 on IMDB but I'll give it 6/10
My review above of the film^
BTW I saw it as a support and was not The Terronauts.

Garrett

WIN CULT 60S SCI-FI HORROR THEY CAME FROM BEYOND SPACE – NEWLY RESTORED ON BLU-RAY and DVD

Watch the trailer here:

If anyone gets the wrong idea the males are trying a way to find a way to spot people that have been taken over by aliens and to subdue them without killing the host.

czure

Novice Member
Oh god, had to rerun the trailer after he popped out from behind his detection gizmo and I saw his mind control beanie, laughing so hard my eyes were watering:rotfl:👽:rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom