Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
STUDIOCANAL

FALBALAS
(1945)
ON BLU-RAY FOR THE FIRST TIME

BRAND NEW RESTORATION
ON DVD, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL FROM OCTOBER 25

STUDIOCANAL is proud to announce the release of a brand-new restoration of the scandalous 1945 drama, FALBALAS, by Jacques Becker (Touchez Pas Au Grisbi, Le Trou, Casque D'Or). Set in the glamorous world of fashion in Paris and starring Raymond Rouleau (Les Amants de Teruel), Micheline Presle (If a Man Answers) and Jean Chevrier (The Affairs of Messalina), this milestone in French cinema will be available to own on Blu-Ray for the very first time as well as on DVD and Digital. All formats will be available from October 25.

To celebrate the release we are giving YOU the chance to win a copy on Blu-ray.

Regarded as one of the greatest films about the fashion industry, the new restoration comes looking and sounding better than ever, is accompanied by a host of extras material and is a great addition to the ever-expanding VINTAGE WORLD CINEMA collection.

Micheline (Micheline Presle), a young woman from the provinces, arrives in Paris to prepare for her marriage to a silk manufacturer from Lyon, Daniel Rousseau (Jean Chevrier). Flush with the romance and excitement of Paris, she ends up falling in love with the best friend of her husband-to-be, the fashion designer Philippe Clarence (Raymond Rouleau). An unremitting womaniser, Clarence seduces her into a tempestuous liaison doomed for failure.

Bolstered by an exceptional cast, FALBALAS is a haunting and evocative piece of work that offers audiences a real insight into both the glamourous world of couture and the gritty realism of the post war era. A must for all fans of French cinema.

FALBALAS, on DVD, Blu-ray & Digital From October 25.

FALBALAS is available to pre-order from Amazon HERE

© 2021 STUDIOCANAL. All rights reserved.

For Movie reviews, news and articles go to the AVForums Movie Hub.

To discuss or to see what other people are saying about your favourite movies and TV shows go to our Movies, TV Shows & Music Forums.

This competition is open to all eligible AVForums members who are in the Active Member User Group or above, who are not adblocking, and who are subscribed to our newsletter.

Our newsletters contain summaries of the latest news and reviews, competitions, podcasts and exclusive special offers. Subscribe now. You can unsubscribe at any time by changing your preferences.

For more competitions go to Competitions.

Last edited:

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
The youtube link is pointing to The Servant trailer @Casimir Harlow *

*Sorry, it always seems to be me spotting these things, I'm not one of those bellends, honest!
🙁

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
The youtube link is pointing to The Servant trailer @Casimir Harlow *

*Sorry, it always seems to be me spotting these things, I'm not one of those bellends, honest!
🙁

Of course it is, thanks mate, don't know what I'd do without you. Keep checking up on me, I've got comps coming out of my ears!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom