• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Williamw1987's bedroom set up!

williamw1987

Established Member
Just got a new Toshiba 42XV505 LCDTV. 1080p Full HD, 24fps, 25,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 3 hdmi's etc... very happy with it :thumbsup:

DSC00161.jpg

DSC001622.jpg

I've got my Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speaker system set-up with receiver on my stand, the 360 is connected to this via the 3.5mm direct connection and my PS3 is connected via optical cable.

I have got the 'Lap' from a laptop sitting on my stand at the mo, connected to my TV via VGA as temporary solution for a 'media centre' (bit crap, i know, but just use it for easy internet access at the mo). Going to build a proper media centre soon. As sitting directly in front of a 42" screen is not good on the neck lol. Also going to get a wireless media keyboard if anyone has any recommendations that would be helpful thanks?

PS3 for Blu-rays/DVDs/games, Xbox 360 for games. PS3 is through HDMI while the 360 is through Component. The picture is awesome for both on this TV :smashin:

Very pleased with my set-up :)

Ashketchup

Established Member
Nice setup! The 360 isn't being done justice though, the 3.5mm jack will just give you boring Dolby Pro Logic! To get full 5.1 surround sound from it, get an optical switch so both the PS3 and 360 can be connected via optical.

Also, let alone the neck, sitting that close is killing your eyes! :eek:

williamw1987

Established Member
Nice setup! The 360 isn't being done justice though, the 3.5mm jack will just give you boring Dolby Pro Logic! To get full 5.1 surround sound from it, get an optical switch so both the PS3 and 360 can be connected via optical.

Also, let alone the neck, sitting that close is killing your eyes! :eek:

Yeah, not good for the eyes either lol :p I will have to have a look into those optical spliter boxes, would definately be worth having.

Nice screen, you just need to tidy the wires up now.

The wires are a pain lol, but yeah they definately need doing. The ones you can see underneath the stand are the charger cables for the 360 and ps3 controller so they are easily sorted. Unfortunately there isn't too much I can do with the speaker wires up the wall.

jolly

Prominent Member
Great screen, i agree about the D-Line trunking

Works well

:thumbsup:

thelostprophet

Established Member
Looking good....

Need to get one for me now lol. Your screen looked ALOT better in the flesh i thought. Think you can get the Optical Splitters off Maplins for a good price.

Si's bought a 50" Plasma by the way...we will have to go round and check it out soon!

williamw1987

Established Member
Thanks!

Ah awesome man... yeah we will have to pop over sometime soon. I'm back from America this saturday coming up around midday. Will give you a call sometime about it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom